Saturday, November 28, 2009

This is the home I grew up in from first grade through high school. Please notice the rockery as it will come into the story at a later time in this blog story.
The HUGE fir tree on the left side of the house was planted by my father.. I loved him dearly, but this was definitely the wrong place to plant this huge tree.. I really thought was a super house to live in and this house will always bring back fabulous memories to me. The name of the builder was Ken Birkemeier and he built many homes in the Alameda, Fremont, Regents Drive area and even lived in one of his homes on Fremont Street.
All the shrubbery in the rockery seems to be quite overgrown as to what I remember (as well as that tree on the left-hand side of the house) and if you look carefully you will see stairs that lead from the sidewalk up to the front door and there is no handrail although I remember running up and down these stairs but I wonder if this would get approved today?

1 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger Renee said...

That is really special to be able to once again see the home you grew up in. You must have some wonderful & happy memories of living there. Thank you for sharing.
Renee

 

Post a Comment

<< Home