Wednesday, July 14, 2010


While traveling to have dinner at 4th Street Brew Pub and to Day's Inn in Gresham, where we spent the night, we drove by the first house I bought with my first husband back in 1971. It was green when we owned it (but looks better being Blue now). One owner since us added a bay window in the front window and someone removed the large cherry tree that was in the side yard on the other side of the car in the driveway. This, my first house, was the corner house on a culesac and we lived there until 1974. (Gee does that date me?)
Kinda sad because we drove by the house "I was born in" (*well not really born in but it was the house my parents took me to when they took me home from the hospital and lived there until I was 6 years old,) but for some reason I didn't take a picture of it.....now this was a "Senior Moment". I definitely will next time I am in Maywood Park. That house still looks the same too, including a huge, gigantic fir tree my dad planted in the front yard about 65+ years ago ~ and believe me it is now a monster. My good ol' dad had a habit of planting trees but unfortunately didn't really think it through as far as just how big the tree might get and where it would grow... But he was a dear, great, good man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home